World Alzheimers Day 2022: 6 ways for Alzheimer's patients to get restful sleep
World Alzheimers Day 2022 Alzheimers is a brain disease which is a type of dementia. The person suffering from this not only struggles with remembering, but sleep is also often affected. Learn how this can help in getting good sleep.
World Alzheimer's Day 2022: Alzheimer's disease affects the nerves of the brain. Older people are usually found suffering from this disease, but in recent times younger people are also falling prey to Alzheimer's. Therefore, World Alzheimer's Day is observed every year on 21 September to raise awareness about the common symptoms of the disease and the risk factors associated with it.
What is alzheimer's
The brain of a person suffering from this disease is not able to work properly and his memory becomes very weak. Because of this their daily life is affected. Alzheimer's is a disease that has no cure. However, the symptoms caused by this can be controlled with the help of medicines.
What are the symptoms of Alzheimer's
Alzheimer's is a type of dementia that affects your memory, ability to think, understand, and cause behavioral problems. The most common early symptom of Alzheimer's is trouble remembering new information.
As Alzheimer's progresses through the brain, it causes severe symptoms including disorientation, mood, and behavior changes. In addition, symptoms such as confusion about events, time and place, doubting family, friends, and professional caregivers, memory loss, behavior changes, and difficulty speaking, swallowing, and walking gradually develop. come."
People who suffer from this disease, they also start having problems related to sleep. It becomes difficult for these people to sleep and even lie in bed. Also, sleep breaks many times in the night as well.
So let's find out how a person suffering from Alzheimer's can be helped to get good sleep
1. A person suffering from Alzheimer's should exercise daily. Also, you should sleep for some time during the day. The care giver should ensure that the patient gets a sound sleep throughout the night. If you do not sleep properly after a day's fatigue, then the second day is also bad.
2. Plan such activities in which more energy can be used in the morning. For example, go for a walk in the morning, take a bath early in the morning or eat food while sitting with the family.
3. Keep the atmosphere calm in the evening, so that the person can relax. Keep the lights down, keep the noise level low, and play relaxing music to help the patient feel at ease.
4. Fix the sleeping time of the patient at night. Reading the book aloud before going to bed at night also helps. Keep their caffeine intake low, especially in the evening.
5. Use only dim lights or nightlights in sleeping rooms, halls and bathrooms.
Disclaimer: The tips and tricks given in the article are for general information purpose only and should not be taken as professional medical advice. If you have any questions or concerns, consult your doctor immediately.