Biden said - America will call all troops from Afghanistan on the 20th anniversary of 9/11, Taliban rejects proposal
US President Joe Biden said he planned to withdraw all US troops from war-torn Afghanistan by 11 September this year. The Taliban said that if the US military did not leave Afghanistan by the predetermined date, then the attacks would be started.
US President Joe Biden said on Tuesday that he planned to withdraw all US troops from war-torn Afghanistan by September 11 this year. According to officials, the US military will leave Afghanistan on the 20th anniversary of 9/11.
The Trump administration had set a May 1 return date for the troops.
Let us tell you that on September 11, 2001, the twin tower was attacked in America. Earlier, Donald Trump's administration had scheduled a May 1 withdrawal date for US troops after talks with the Taliban.
Biden had been signaling for the past several weeks that he would allow the deadline to end, and as the days passed it became clear that the withdrawal of the remaining 2,500 troops would be difficult.
Biden's decision could escalate the 20-year-old battle
This decision by the Biden administration is expected to lead to retaliation by the Taliban from the US and Afghan security forces, and this could carry forward the 20-year-old war. Setting the date for 9/11, however, underscores the fact that the US military went to Afghanistan for the purpose. Its purpose was to prevent extremist groups from setting foot there and to reduce the possibility of an attack on the US.
Trump, in agreement with the Taliban, assured full withdrawal of US troops by May 2021
Let us tell you that in February 2020 there was an agreement between the Trump administration and the Taliban, which decided to stop the attack and start peace talks with the Afghan government. In return, the US had assured its troops full withdrawal by May 2021.
Taliban rejected the proposal
The Taliban rejected the US proposal to restore peace in Afghanistan and a few months' delay in the withdrawal of US troops from there. A message issued on the Taliban's Vice of Jihad website stated that if the US military did not leave Afghanistan by a predetermined date, they would be resumed.